"Big Red Car" (titled "Dance Party" in North America) is the fifth Wiggles album, released on February 20, 1995. It won the 1995 ARIA Music Award for Best Children's Album. The accompanying video was a released on the September 11, 1995.
You can find information on the cassette release of this album here.
The album was re-issued in 2006 as Here Comes The Big Red Car, with some tracks removed or replaced with new recordings, and new ones added.
1. Wags The Dog 2.42 J.Field, M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 2. Henry's Dance 1.51 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 3. Five Little Joeys 1.48 Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 4. Can You (Point Your Fingers And Do The Twist?) 1.34 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 5. Di Dicki Do Dum 1.33 Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 6. Cows 0.20 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 7. I'm A Cow 0:31 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 8. Bouncing Ball 0.13 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 9. Brown Girl In The Ring 1.35 Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J. Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 10. Dorothy's Dance Party 2.15 J.Field 11. The Four Presents 2.39 Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 12. My Holiday At The Beach 0.10 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 13. On Your Holiday 1.33 M.Perry 14. Teddy Bear Hug 1.55 Raffi, Simpson 15. Big Red Car 1.49 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 16. My Hat 0.08 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 17. Hat On My Head 1.11 J.Field, A.Field 18. Here We Go Dorothy 2.41 Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 19. Do The Flap 2.26 J.Field, T.Henry, M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 20. Pufferbillies 0.40 Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 21. Joanie 0.47 Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 22. Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo 2.12 Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 23. My New Shoes 0.42 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 24. I Am A Dancer 0.58 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 25. Look At Baby 0.09 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 26. Georgia's Song 0.43 M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page 27. Sanctissima 0.45 Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page
- THE WIGGLES ARE:
and Greg Page
- Murray Cook: Bass, guitar,
vocals & vibraslap
- Jeff Fatt: Piano, Lowrey
Colour Glow Organ, lead vocal
on 'I'm a Cow', backing vocals
- Anthony Field: Acoustic
guitar, vocals, vibraslap co-cordinator
- Greg Page: Lead vocals,
Hammond B-3 & vibraslap
- Terry Murray: An assortment of
great guitar work throughout the
album (Thanks Terry!)
- Tony Henry: Drums on 'Brown
Girl in the Ring', 'Big Red Car', 'Five
Little Joeys' and 'Can You Point You...'
- Andrew Bignall: Drums on
'Wags The Dog' 'Henry's Dance',
'Hat on My Head', 'Do the Flap' &
'Teddy Bear Hug'
- Greg Truman: Backing vocals on 'Wags The Dog', 'Henry's
Dance', 'The Flap', 'Hat on my Head'
& 'Teddy Bear Hug'
- Gerry Brady: Backing vocals on
'The Four Presents' & guitar on
- Emma Buter: Character Voice
- John Field: Sequencing & guitar
on 'Dorothy's Dance Party'
- Produced by The Wiggles
- Engineered by Aaron Ruig,
Rob Perez and The Wiggles.
- Recorded at Tracking Station Recording
Studios, Struggle Street
Studios and Bellevue Hill, Sydney
- Mastered by William Bowden
at Festival Studios
- Art & Design by Deborah Parry Graphics
- Photography by Gary Johnston
- THANKS TO:
John Spence, Sally Maybloom, Meryl
Gross, Nikki, Libby, Terri & all at ABC Music,
Diana, Jacqui, John Anderson & all at
EMI Music, Rex Barry & all at EMI
Records, Greg Truman (The Voice), Our
esteemed crew - John Field (the cook) &
Peter Mackie, Emma Buter, Sue McAuley,
Vanessa Fallon-Rohanna, Jacqueline Field,
Matthew Perry, Nursing Mothers Association,
Playgroup Association; Kids Promotions, Chris
John, Tim Shaw, Perry Como, Tony Hatch, Jackie
Trent & John Hawkesworth - thanks for your
encouragement, Wayne Covell, Michelle & Blaine, Meg
& Baby Georgia, Our Parents & families and all the little
people & their families.
- The original recording of "Can You Point Your Fingers and Do the Twist?", which appears on this album, is in D major. Later recordings are in E major.
- This album marks the first appearance of Wags the Dog.
- Joannie Works With One Hammer is listed as "Joannie" on this album.