|Big Red Car (album)|
February 20, 1995
September 1994 - January 1995
Yummy Yummy (1994)
Wake Up Jeff! (1996)
"Big Red Car" is the 5th Wiggles album that was released on February 20, 1995. It won the 1995 ARIA Music Award for Best Children's Album. The accompanying video was released on September 11, 1995. The album was re-issued in 2006 as Here Comes the Big Red Car.
- Wags the Dog - (J.Field, M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 2:42
- Henry's Dance - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 1:51
- Five Little Joeys - (Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 1:48
- Can You (Point Your Fingers and Do the Twist?) - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 1:34
- Di Dicki Do Dum - (Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 1:33
- Cows (Spoken) - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:20
- I'm a Cow - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:31
- Bouncing Ball (Spoken) - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:12
- Brown Girl in the Ring - (F.Fairan) - 1:35
- Dorothy's Dance Party - (J.Field) - 2:15
- The Four Presents - (Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 2:39
- My Holiday At The Beach (Spoken) - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:10
- On Your Holiday - (M.Perry) - 1:33
- Teddy Bear Hug - (R.Cavoukian, B.Simpson) - 1:55
- Big Red Car - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 1:49
- My Hat (Spoken) - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:08
- Hat On My Head - (J.Field, A.Field) - 1:11
- Here we Go Dorothy - (Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 2:41
- Do the Flap - (J.Field, T.Henry, M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 2:26
- Pufferbillies - (L.Ricks, S.Gaillard) - 0:40
- Joannie Works with One Hammer - (Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:47
- Nicky Nacky Nocky Noo - (Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 2:12
- My New Shoes - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:42
- I am a Dancer - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:58
- Look At Baby (Spoken) - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:09
- Georgia's Song - (M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:43
- Sanctissima - (Trad. Arr. M.Cook, J.Fatt, A.Field, G.Page) - 0:45
- Murray Cook: Bass, guitar, vocals & vibraslap
- Jeff Fatt: Piano, Lowrey Colour Glow Organ, lead vocal on 'I'm a Cow', backing vocals & vibraslap
- Anthony Field: Acoustic guitar, vocals, vibraslap co-cordinator
- Greg Page: Lead vocals, Hammond B-3 & vibraslap
- Terry Murray: An assortment of great guitar work throughout the album (Thanks Terry!)
- Tony Henry: Drums on 'Brown Girl in the Ring', 'Big Red Car', 'Five Little Joeys' and 'Can You'
- Andrew Bignell: Drums on 'Wags the Dog', 'Henry's Dance', 'Hat on My Head', 'Do the Flap' & 'Teddy Bear Hug'
- Greg Truman: Backing vocals on 'Wags The Dog', 'Henry's Dance', 'The Flap', 'Hat on My Head' & 'Teddy Bear Hug'
- Gerry Brady: Backing vocals on 'The Four Presents' & guitar on 'Pufferbillies'
- Emma Buter: Character Voice
- John Field: Sequencing & guitar on 'Dorothy's Dance Party'
- The Wiggles are. Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field, Greg Page
- Produced by: The Wiggles
- Engineered by: Aaron Ruig, Rob Perez and The Wiggles
- Recorded at: Tracking Station Recording Studios, Struggle Street Studios and Bellevue Hill, Sydney
- Mastered by: William Bowden at Festival Studios
- Art & Design by: Deborah Parry Graphics
- Photography by: Gary Johnston
- Songs written by: Raffi Cavoukian, Frank Fairan, John Field, Slim Gaillard, Tony Henry, Matthew Perry, Lee Ricks, Bonnie Simpson, Traditional, Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field and Greg Page
- Songs arranged by: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field and Greg Page
- Introductions written by: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field and Greg Page
Australia - February 20, 1995
United States - 2000
- Anthony's brother John wrote Wags the Dog, Dorothy's Dance Party, Hat On My Head & Do the Flap.
- Tony Henry who is the drummer for The Cockroaches wrote the music for Do the Flap.
- Dominic Lindsay who later played the instruments on Wake Up Jeff! provides the musical arrangements for this album.
- All songs were written or arranged by different combinations of the four Wiggles, except for Wags the Dog, Dorothy's Dance Party, Hat on My Head, and Do the Flap, which were written by John Field.
- For the speaking recording sections, The Wiggles wrote Cows, Bouncing Ball, My Holiday at the Beach, My Hat, and Look at Baby.
- In the songs Wags the Dog, Henry's Dance, Teddy Bear Hug, Hat On My Head, and Do the Flap, Andrew Bignell plays the drums while Greg Truman does the backing vocals.
- On Dorothy's Dance Party, John Field plays the guitar and does percussion sequencing.
- Some of these songs were originally recorded way before this album was released. You can tell this because they were used in Yummy Yummy.
- The original recording of "Can You Point Your Fingers and Do the Twist?", which appears on this album, is in D major. Later recordings are in E major. However, a photo that featured the current Wiggles (Simon, Emma, Lachy, and Anthony) singing this song was taken on August 30th 2016, so this means they might have recorded it in D major.
- Some songs from this Album are Based on Cockroaches songs like Big Red Car is based on (I'll Come Running Back), Do the Flap is based on (You Got the Drop).
- This album marks the first appearance of Wags the Dog.
- This album reuses tracks from the Yummy Yummy 1994 video including, Henry's Dance, Teddy Bear Hug, Joannie Works with One Hammer, and I am a Dancer.
- This album gives thanks to the people and companies who helped The Wiggles working on it, including John Spence, Sally Maybloom, Meryl Gross, Nikki, Libby, Terri & all at ABC Music, Diana, Jacqui, John Anderson & all at EMI Music, Rex Barry & all at EMI Records, Greg Truman (The Voice), Our Esteemed crew - John Field (the cook) & Peter Mackie, Emma Buter, Sue McAuley, Vanessa Fallon Rohanna, Jacqueline Field, Matthew Perry, Nursing Mothers Association, Kids Promotions, Chris John, Tim Shaw, Perry Como, Tony Hatch, Jackie Trent & John Hawkesworth - thanks for your encouragement, Wayne Covell, Michelle & Blaine, Meg & Baby Georgia, Our Parents & families and all the little people & their families.
- Some of the songs such as I'm a Cow contain introductions, others such as Wags the Dog don't, although they do on the video.
- EMI Music published The Wiggles' songs on this song, apart from On Your Holiday and Teddy Bear Hug.
- John Field's name wasn't in the song credits for Big Red Car.