This article is about the Wiggly Friend. You may be looking for the song.
"Henry the Octopus" is a fun-loving octopus who likes to make music with his Underwater Big Band. He also likes to dance and spin around. He is the leader, boss and best friend of The Underwater Big Band. He is the main protagonist and star of his own segment, a major character in all of The Wiggles videos, a supporting character in the first series, a recurring character in the second series and one of the main characters of the rest of the TV seasons. He also has a minor role in Seasons 7-8.
He is purple with 8 tentacles and 8 shoes. He wears plaid clothes, a boater hat and a black bowtie. (Sometimes purplish blue)
Henry has been listed under official Australian Government listings as a threat to children due to events circulating 2005.
He is the leader of the Underwater Big Band, and likes to sing and to breakdance with his eight legs. He is said to have a bubbly personality and loves a good joke! He has a son seen at the end of the episode Family. He is the main protagonist of Henry the Octopus Puppet Show as a Puppet. and He lives under the sea. Creator and founder Eden Schmitzer currently plays Henry on screen and on stage.
Even though at many times he is voiced by Paul Paddick after 2006, he is still occasionally voiced by Jeff.
He has had songs named after him like Henry's dance, Henry Likes Water and Move Your Arms Like Henry.
In recent years, he has became more of a background character in between songs on the videos, not doing much speaking at all, most likely due to Jeff's departure in 2012. He does still speak at concerts though on a regular basis. On top of that, he wasn't in a few episodes of TV Series 2 when the other friends appeared. The same thing happened in a 2009 video, Go Bananas.
He is one of the few characters to never show signs of visible anger and frustration.
- Henry was created by Jeff.
- Paul Field played Henry in 1992, then Anthony played him. After that Jeff took over the role, then Henry was occasionally played by Paul Paddick, who has voiced him in most albums and videos recently.
- Jeff played Henry in Taking Off, In the songs ( Everybody's Here ) and ( Get Ready To Wiggle )
- Henry doesn't talk that much.
- Henry is never seen in The Wiggles Go Bananas! (video)
- Henry is named after Tony Henry who was with Jeff Fatt & Anthony Field in The Cockroaches as told by Anthony and Jeff in (Everybody Clap! Everybody Sing! Documentary).
- Anthony Field (1992-1993)
- Jeff Fatt (1993-2005- full time) (2006-present- part-time)
- Paul Paddick (2005-present)
- Jacqueline Fallon (1993)
- Vanessa Fallon Rohanna (1994-1995)
- Darren Phillips (1994)
- Leeanne Ashley (1996)
- Leanne Halloran (1996-1998)
- Charmaine Martin (1997, 1999)
- Donna Halloran (1998)
- Elisha Burke (1998)
- Reem Hanwell (1998-2002)
- Kristy Talbot (2002-2003)
- Katherine Patrick (2003-2004, 2006)
- Lucy Stuart (2005)
- Mario Martinez-Diaz (2007, 2010)
- Rebecca Knox (2008-2009)
- Clare Field (2010-2011, 2014)
- Megan Bolton (2011)
- Lauren Hannaford (2012-2014)
- Caterina Mete (2012-2014)
- Blathnaid Conroy-Murphy (2013)
- Jeff Fatt (2013)
- Anthony Field (2013, 2016)
- Kelly Hamilton (2013)
- Dominic Field (2016)
- Eden Schmitzer (2017)
|Current Main Characters||Anthony Wiggle - Simon Wiggle - Emma Wiggle - Lachy Wiggle|
|Former Main Characters||Greg Wiggle - Murray Wiggle - Jeff Wiggle - Sam Wiggle - Phillip Wiggle|
|Minor Characters||Officer Beaples - The Wagettes - The Wiggly Dancers - Hot-Pots The Oven - Foodman - Paul the Cook - Flora Door - The Little Wiggles - Magdalena the Mermaid - Professor Singalottasonga - Santa Claus - Ringo the Ringmaster|
|Guest Stars||Lee Hawkins - Steve Irwin - Kylie Minogue - Al Roker - Leo Sayer - Robert Rakete - Ross Wilson - Alfonso Rinaldi - Daryl Somers|