|Here Comes A Song|
October 12th, 1992
The Wiggles (1991)
"Here Comes A Song" is the 2nd Wiggles album and it was released on October 12th, 1992.
- We're All Friends - (A. Field) - 1:51
- Little Brown Ant - (A. Field) - 1:04
- I Knew A Cricket (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:16
- Uncle Noah's Ark (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page)- 2:26
- Dorothy's Birthday Party - (M. Cook) - 2:25
- Bert The Wombat (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:11
- Here Comes a Bear (A. Field/G. Page) - 1:22
- Henry the Octopus (M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field) - 1:42
- Poesje Mauw (Trad. Arr. Cook/Field/Page/Fatt, English Translation by G. Page) - 1:00
- I Love it When it Rains (M. Cook) - 1:11
- Three Animals (A. Field/G. Page) - 1:36
- Sing a Song of Polly (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 1:05
- Come And Sail The Sea (A. Field/G. Page) - 1:28
- A Pirate's Life (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:21
- Bound For South Australia (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 1:20
- The Gypsy Rover (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 2:10
- A Family Song (A. Field) - 2:05
- Daniel And Molly (A. Field) - 2:07
- I Look In The Mirror (G. Page) - 1:43
- Fire Engines (A. Field) - 0:43
- Dungley Wobble (J. Fatt/A. Field) - 1:00
- Lechoo Yeladim (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 1:32
- Dancing Ride (A. Field/G. Page) - 2:03
- Whenever I Hear This Music (M. Cook/J. Fatt) - 1:11
- Tidy Up Song (J. Fatt/G. Page) - 1:54
- Fly Through The Air (A. Field/G. Page) - 1:07
- The Magic Kindy (J. Fatt/A. Field) - 1:29
- Rainy Day (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:17
- Glush Swish Mush Nump (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:21
- It's Been Raining All Day (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:17
- The Dreaming Song (A. Field/J. Field) - 1:40
- The Lion and the Unicorn (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 1:47
- Mitten the Kitten (A. Field) - 0:59
- Anthony Field: jaws harp, tin whistle, vocals, tambourine, bodhran, digeridoo, guitar and hand claps
- Greg Page: lead vocals, guitar and hand claps
- Jeff Fatt: accordian, piano, organ, xylophone, vocals, hand claps and "Jerome's" voice
- Murray Cook: guitar, bass guitar, vocals and Chief Kabasa player
- Produced by: Anthony Field, Greg Page, Murray Cook and Jeff Fatt
- Engineered by: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt and Greg Page
- Mixed by: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Greg Page and Anthony Field
- Mastered by: Don Bartley at Studio 301, Sydney
- Illustrations by: Vered Lavner
- Cover photography by: Belinda Mason
- Artwork/Design by: Ben Evans & Holly Grounds
- Lyrics printed by: kind permission of EMI Music
- Additional musicians:
- Jane Bezzina: backing vocals on "Little Brown Ant", "The Magic Kindy", "We're All Friends", "Come and Sail the Sea" and "Daniel and Molly"
- Rosemary Richardson: backing vocals on "Henry the Octopus", "Dungley Wobble" and vocals on "The Family Song"
- Peter Mackie: guitar on "The Gypsy Rover"
- Xylophone supplied by: the Lusthaus Family
- All songs were written or arranged by different combinations of the four Wiggles, except "The Dreaming Song", which was co-written by Anthony and his brother John Field.
- "Fire Engines" and "Mitten the Kitten", both written by Anthony, have the same basic tune.
- For the speaking recordings, The Wiggles wrote "I Knew a Cricket", "Bert the Wombat", "A Pirate's Life", "Rainy Day", "Glush Swish Mush Nump", and "It's Been Raining All Day".
- Tidy Up Song was later adapted to Walking in the Park, which was released on Bananas in Pyjamas: The Album.
- Anthony wrote A Family Song, Little Brown Ant, A Family Song, Daniel And Molly, Fire Engines, and Mitten the Kitten.
- Murray wrote Dorothy's Birthday Party and I Love it When it Rains.
- Greg wrote I Look In The Mirror.
- Anthony and Greg both wrote Here Comes a Bear, Come And Sail The Sea, Dancing Ride, and Fly Through The Air.
- Jeff and Anthony both wrote Dungley Wobble and The Magic Kindy.
- Murray and Jeff both wrote Whenever I Hear This Music.
- Jeff and Greg both wrote Tidy Up Song.
- Jeff, Anthony, and Murray wrote Henry the Octopus.
- This is the first Wiggles album to feature song lyrics listed in the booklet.
- This was first and only Wiggles album to feature Cockroaches member Peter Mackie on Acoustic guitar on The Gypsy Rover.
- This was the first album that Murray, Jeff and Greg were credited as producers, and would remain producers until 2002.
- This was the first time The Wiggles appeared in their coloured skivvies.
- Phillip Wilcher, who left shortly after the release of the band's first album from 1991, was supposed to stay as a behind-the-scenes writer for this album, but was apparently told by Anthony at a Neil Diamond concert that the album had been recorded while Phillip was away, and was not needed.
- Many of the tracks were used in The Wiggles' first video, Wiggle Time, and its remake. A majority of the album was re-released on the 2000 Wiggle Time (named after the video), and its American counterpart Let's Wiggle.
- "Dorothy's Birthday Party", "Henry the Octopus" and "Whenever I Hear This Music" were later re-recorded in 1998.
- EMI Music published all of The Wiggles' songs on this album.
- The front cover shows a hand-drawn version of Dorothy the Dinosaur.
- The album was recorded from May to June 1992.
- The Wiggles had a deadline to record the album and they were at a recording studio in Cremorne, on Sydney's lower north shore.
- The traditional songs on this album are Uncle Noah's Ark, Lechoo Yeladim, Bound For South Australia, The Gypsy Rover, Lechoo Yeladim, and The Lion and the Unicorn.
- Greg sings all of the songs except Dungley Wobble, which is sung by Anthony.