|Here Comes A Song|
April 10, 1992
February - April 1992
The Wiggles (1991)
"Here Comes A Song" is the 2nd Wiggles album and it was released on April 10, 1992.
This was the first time The Wiggles appeared in their coloured skivvies. Jeff wore black in this album, but switched to purple soon after. Anthony also wore a light blue skivvy in this album, but would switch between green until 1996.
Phillip Wilcher, who left shortly after the release of the band's first album from 1991, was supposed to stay as a behind-the-scenes writer for this album, but at a Neil Diamond concert, was told by Anthony Field that the album had been recorded while Phillip was away, and was not needed.
- "We're All Friends" - (A Field) - 1:51
- "Little Brown Ant" - (A Field) - 1:04
- "I Knew A Cricket" (Spoken) - (M Cook, J Fatt, A Field, G Page) - 0:16
- "Uncle Noah's Ark" - 2:26
- "Dorothy's Birthday Party" - (M Cook) - 2:25
- "Bert The Wombat" (Spoken) - 0:11
- "Here Comes A Bear" - 1:22
- "Henry The Octopus" - 1:42
- "Poesje Mauw" - 1:00
- "I Love It When It Rains" - 1:11
- "Three Animals" - 1:36
- "Sing a Song of Polly" - 1:05
- "Come And Sail The Sea" - 1:28
- "A Pirate's Life" (Spoken) - 0:21
- "Bound For South Australia" - 1:20
- "The Gypsy Rover" - 2:10
- "A Family Song" - 2:05
- "Daniel And Molly" - 2:07
- "I Look In The Mirror" - 1:43
- "Fire Engines" - 0:43
- "Dungley Wobble" - 1:00
- "Lechoo Yeladim" - 1:32
- "Dancing Ride" - 2:03
- "Whenever I Hear This Music" - 1:11
- "Tidy Up Song" - 1:54
- "Fly Through The Air" - 1:07
- "The Magic Kindy" - 1:29
- "Rainy Day" (Spoken) - 0:17
- "Glush Swish Mush Nump" (Spoken) - 0:21
- "It's Been Raining All Day" (Spoken) - 0:17
- "The Dreaming Song" - 1:40
- "The Lion And The Unicorn" - 1:47
- "Mitten The Kitten" - 0:59
- Vocals - Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field, Greg Page, Rosemary Richardson
- Backing Vocals - Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field, Greg Page, Jane Bezzina, Rosemary Richardson
- Bass - Murray Cook
- Percussion - Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field
- Guitars - Murray Cook, Anthony Field, Greg Page, Peter Mackie
- Hand Claps - Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field, Greg Page
- Accordion, Piano & Organ - Jeff Fatt
- Jew's Harp, Tin Whistle, Bodhrán & Didgeridoo - Anthony Field
- Producer/Mixer - Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field, Greg Page
- Engineer - Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Greg Page
- Master - Don Bartley
- Illustrations - Vered Lavner
- Cover Photography - Belinda Mason
- Artwork/Design - Ben Evans, Holly Grounds
- Composers - Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt & Anthony Field
- Arrangers & Lyricists - Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field, Greg Page & John Field
- Original Song Ideas - Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field and Greg Page
- Xylophone supplied by the Lusthaus Family
April 10, 1992
- This is the first Wiggles album to feature song lyrics.
- Anthony's brother John writes The Dreaming Song with Anthony.
- This was the first album that Murray, Jeff and Greg produce the albums until 2002 and after the album produceing was taken over by Anthony since 2002.
- Mitten the Kitten was adapted from a other song that Anthony wrote it was called Fire Engines.
- in 1998 the lyrics for Henry the Octopus was rewritten still it had some of the same lyrics as the original had.
- Dorothy's Birthday Party, Henry the Octopus and Whenever I Hear This Music was later re-recorded in 1998.
- all the songs and spokens from this album we're later was reused for their Wiggle Time! album which was released in August 2000.
- This album was first and only Wiggles album to feature Cockroaches member Peter Mackie on Acoustic guitar on The Gypsy Rover which he played acoustic guitar with Anthony Field.
- Jeff provides the voices for Daniel and Molly the dogs, which they sound like Wags the Dog.
- The album cover is similar to a picture of the Animal Crackers quartet.
- The Wiggles provide the musical arrangements for this album.