|Here Comes A Song|
April 10, 1992
The Wiggles (1991)
"Here Comes A Song" is the 2nd Wiggles album and it was released on April 10, 1992.
- We're All Friends - (A. Field) - 1:51
- Little Brown Ant - (A. Field) - 1:04
- I Knew A Cricket (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:16
- Uncle Noah's Ark (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page)- 2:26
- Dorothy's Birthday Party - (M. Cook) - 2:25
- Bert The Wombat (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:11
- Here Comes a Bear (A. Field/G. Page) - 1:22
- Henry the Octopus (M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field) - 1:42
- Poesje Mauw (Trad. Arr. Cook/Field/Page/Fatt, English Translation by G. Page) - 1:00
- I Love it When it Rains (M. Cook) - 1:11
- Three Animals (A. Field/G. Page) - 1:36
- Sing a Song of Polly (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 1:05
- Come And Sail The Sea (A. Field/G. Page) - 1:28
- A Pirate's Life (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:21
- Bound For South Australia (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 1:20
- The Gypsy Rover (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 2:10
- A Family Song (A. Field) - 2:05
- Daniel And Molly (A. Field) - 2:07
- I Look In The Mirror (G. Page) - 1:43
- Fire Engines (A. Field) - 0:43
- Dungley Wobble (J. Fatt/A. Field) - 1:00
- Lechoo Yeladim (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 1:32
- Dancing Ride (A. Field/G. Page) - 2:03
- Whenever I Hear This Music (M. Cook/J. Fatt) - 1:11
- Tidy Up Song (J. Fatt/G. Page) - 1:54
- Fly Through The Air (A. Field/G. Page) - 1:07
- The Magic Kindy (J. Fatt/A. Field) - 1:29
- Rainy Day (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:17
- Glush Swish Mush Nump (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:21
- It's Been Raining All Day (Spoken) [M. Cook/J. Fatt/A. Field/G. Page] - 0:17
- The Dreaming Song (A. Field/J. Field) - 1:40
- The Lion and the Unicorn (Trad. Arr. Cook/Fatt/Field/Page) - 1:47
- Mitten the Kitten (A. Field) - 0:59
- Anthony Field: jaws harp, tin whistle, vocals, tambourine, bodhran, digeridoo, guitar and hand claps
- Greg Page: lead vocals, guitar and hand claps
- Jeff Fatt: accordian, piano, organ, xylophone, vocals, hand claps and "Jerome's" voice
- Murray Cook: guitar, bass guitar, vocals and Chief Kabasa player
- Produced by: Anthony Field, Greg Page, Murray Cook and Jeff Fatt
- Engineered by: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt and Greg Page
- Mixed by: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Greg Page and Anthony Field
- Mastered by: Don Bartley at Studios 301, Sydney
- Illustrations by: Vered Lavner
- Cover photography by: Belinda Mason
- Artwork/Design by: Ben Evans & Holly Grounds
- Lyrics printed by: kind permission of EMI Music
- Additional musicians:
- Jane Bezzina: backing vocals on "Little Brown Ant", "The Magic Kindy", "We're All Friends", "Come and Sail the Sea" and "Daniel and Molly"
- Rosemary Richardson: backing vocals on "Henry the Octopus", "Dungley Wobble" and vocals on "The Family Song"
- Peter Mackie: guitar on "The Gypsy Rover"
- Xylophone supplied by: the Lusthaus Family
- All songs were written or arranged by different combinations of the four Wiggles, except "The Dreaming Song", which was co-written by Anthony and his brother John Field.
- "Fire Engines" and "Mitten the Kitten", both written by Anthony, have the same basic tune.
- This is the first Wiggles album to feature song lyrics listed in the booklet.
- This was first and only Wiggles album to feature Cockroaches member Peter Mackie on Acoustic guitar on The Gypsy Rover.
- Jane Bezzina provides the backing vocals on We're All Friends, Little Brown Ant, Come And Sail The Sea, Daniel And Molly, and The Magic Kindy. Rosemary Richardson provides the backing vocals on Henry the Octopus, A Family Song, and Dungley Wobble.
- Jeff provides the voices for the dogs in "Daniel and Molly", and would later be one of the voices for Wags the Dog.
- This was the first album that Murray, Jeff and Greg were credited as producers, and would remain producers until 2002.
- This was the first time The Wiggles appeared in their coloured skivvies.
- Phillip Wilcher, who left shortly after the release of the band's first album from 1991, was supposed to stay as a behind-the-scenes writer for this album, but was apparently told by Anthony at a Neil Diamond concert that the album had been recorded while Phillip was away, and was not needed.
- Many of the tracks were used in The Wiggles' first video, Wiggle Time, and its remake. A majority of the album was re-released on the 2000 Wiggle Time (named after the video), and its American counterpart Let's Wiggle.
- "Dorothy's Birthday Party", "Henry the Octopus" and "Whenever I Hear This Music" were later re-recorded in 1998.
- EMI Music published all of The Wiggles' songs on this album.