|“||Let's Go Bananas!!!||”|
— Sam in You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
"Sam" was the yellow wiggle from 2006-2012. In November 2006, Greg left The Wiggles after being diagnosed with Orthostatic Intolerance. Sam, Greg's understudy during times when Greg was feeling unwell, replaced him and was the yellow Wiggle for slightly more than five years before Greg re-gained his health and returned to his role as the yellow Wiggle. After Greg came back to the group, Sam left The Wiggles for good.
He played guitar, drums, and keyboards during his time with the group, making him one of the only Wiggles (along with Greg, Emma and Jeff) to have played all three of the other Wiggles' lead instruments. He also plays the trumpet.
- He has an off-screen relationship with Lyn Moran.
- Sam sings opera just like other characters like Simon Pryce and Paul Paddick.
- Older fans were more reluctant to accept him as a Wiggle, due to their attachment to Greg.
- He was an understudy of Greg before he was officially a Wiggle.
- During Sam's time as the yellow wiggle, The Wiggles won Aria Awards for five years consecutively for Best Children's Album. .
- At 6 foot 2 (1.88 m), he is the fourth tallest Wiggle out of all of 8 Wiggles that existed.
- Sam was the second tallest Wiggle in the group of four during his time as the Yellow Wiggle. Murray was the tallest Wiggle during the Sam Moran era.
|Current Main Characters||Anthony Wiggle - Simon Wiggle - Emma Wiggle - Lachy Wiggle|
|Former Main Characters||Greg Wiggle - Murray Wiggle - Jeff Wiggle - Sam Wiggle - Phillip Wiggle|
|Minor Characters||Officer Beaples - The Wagettes - The Wiggly Dancers - Hot-Pots The Oven - Foodman - Paul the Cook - Flora Door - The Little Wiggles - Magdalena the Mermaid - Professor Singalottasonga - Santa Claus - Ringo the Ringmaster|
|Guest Stars||Lee Hawkins - Steve Irwin - Kylie Minogue - Al Roker - Leo Sayer - Robert Rakete - Ross Wilson - Alfonso Rinaldi - Daryl Somers|