|TV Series 1|
May 7, 1998
September 24, 1998
TV Season 1 is the first ever Wiggles TV Series. Though the episodes were filmed at ABC Studios in 1997, the songs were filmed in 1997-1998, and the episodes aired the same year.
Season 1 Episodes
- Anthony's Friend
- Murray's Shirt
- Building Blocks
- Jeff The Mechanic
- Zardo Zap
- The Party
- Wiggle Opera
- Muscleman Murray
- Spooked Wiggles
- Funny Greg
The show's opening consted of the trademark logo, the names of the actors' roles, and clips from the show. The credits were done in the characters' sole colours, and a lighter version.
There are three songs, one after the opening theme, one after the Wigglehouse scene, and one before the credits. The first seven episodes feature songs only from Wiggle Time and Yummy Yummy, while episodes 8, 9, also feature exclusive songs, episode 10 features 1 from Toot Toot!, and the last three episodes feature songs from a concert. The song titles for those not from Yummy Yummy either feature a Yummy Yummy-style song title, an exclusive S.S. Feathersword title banner, or just text floating across the screen (concert songs only). Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga, Big Red Car and Wake Up Jeff! were the only two songs not to feature a song title.
Numbers Rhumba, Teddy Bear Hug and Baby Beluga (concert) were taken off of the Series 1 Collector's Box Set DVD because they were not written by The Wiggles or anyone affiliated with them. However, they were kept for the iTunes releases.
Looking much like the Wigglehouse from The Wiggles Movie with an attached garage, these involve the main story with The Wiggles on an adventure. It even has the same door from The Wiggles Movie. It's the Wiggles' own segment.
Henry the Octopus Puppet Show
Henry's life in the sea out of a puppet.
Narrated by Greg Page.
Captain Feathersword's Pirate Show
Kindergarten Text Types
Narrated by Dorothy the Dinosaur, these depict either a recount or description.
Musicians for Background Music
- Bass - Murray Cook
- Acoustic Guitar - Murray Cook, Anthony Field
- Piano/Organ/Synthesizer - Jeff Fatt
- Drums - [[Paul Hester]
Series 1 Characters
- Morty the invisible turtle (everyone can't see him)
- Shazza Footinmouth the sports commentator
- Ginger the mechanic
- Lilly Lavender the beautiful movie star
- Zardo Zap the alien
- Ms. Fez the new school teacher
- Madame Bouffant the hair dresser
- Penny Fleetfoot the delivery woman
- Foodman the hero of Anthony (Who is Anthony)
- The woman on the radio the woman who does the radio ad for exercising
- Wiggly Trivia Announcer the guy who does the trivia (who is played by Paul Field)
- Greg Page
- Anthony Field
- Murray Cook
- Jeff Fatt - Jeff Wiggle (in person), Henry the Octopus (voice), Wags the Dog (voice)
- Paul Paddick - Captain Feathersword, Benjamin the Bird
- Leeanne Ashley - Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Edward Rooke - Wags the Dog
- Carolyn Ferrie - Dorothy's Voice, Kaz the Cat, Hostess of Kaz the Cat
- Leanne Halloran - Officer Beaples
- Paul Field - Max the Mouse, Wiggly Trivia Announcer
Series Producers: Bridget Thompson and Nick Pike
Episode Producer: Paul Field
Production Completion: Paul Field
Series Director: Martin Murphy
Puppet Series Director: Graeme Haddon
Choreographer: Leanne Halloran
First Assistant Director: Kimberly Lipschus
First Assistant Director HTO: Sheryl Talmage
Continuity: Honor Bannister
Production Manager: Ian MacArthur
Production Assistants: Lou Porter, Karen Smith, Matt Acland and Kimberly Lipschus
Production Designer: Michelle Dado
Production Designer HTO: Adrienne Chisholm
Assitant Art Director: Juliet John
Art Dept Buyer & Props: Jane Shadbolt
Props Construction: RWE Couhourn and Hard Love
Set Construction: Greg Murphy Scenery
Head Scenic Painter: Gary Wade
Art Department Assistants: Narelle Wilson, Vaughan Alexander, Peter Baylor and Sarah Stokes
Puppet Construction: Balooga Puppets
Puppet Maintenance: Sheryl Talmage
Costumes: Maria Petrozzi and Nikki Harrington
Director of Photography: Borce Damcevski
Steadicam Operator: Borce Damcevski
Camera Operators: Murray Kelso, Jon Matthews, Barry Armstrong, Scott Preston, Martin Covell and Steve Rees
Camera Assistants: Jason Pangas, Grant Jordan and Hugh Thorpe
Lighting: Brad Landi, Scott Preston and Borce Damcevski
Lighting Assistant: Jeff Field
Gaffers: Ian Bosman and Scott Copeland
Assistant Gaffer: David Holmes
Sound Recordists: Scott Watkin-Sully, Chris Brook and Eric Putre
Studio Sound Assistants /: Paul Miskin
Boom Operators: Emma Jakovich and Matt Acland
Makeup & Hair: Jan Ziggenbein, Nicole Spiro, Adele Durno and Margaret Aston
Runner: Matt Acland
Signage: Evolution Signs
Catering: Set Menu
Wigs: Ascot Wigmakers
Studio: Zap Productions
Studio Painting: Peter Firminger
Graphics: Tony Melov
Additional Graphics: Swampmagic Pictures
Sound Mix: Tony Douglass
Post Production Supervisor: Chisholm McTavish
Editors: Steve Rees and Mark Tamone - Control Secret Headquarters
Sound Editors: Craig Abercrombie, Tony Douglass and Rohan Taylor
SFX Editor: Tony Douglass
Sound Design: ARCOM.
- This TV Series premiered on Seven Network on May 7, 1998. It was later broadcast on ABC in 1998 and on Disney Channel Australia in 1999, and the original versions with Kaz the Cat segments are only known to have aired on Seven and Prime network.
- In the original aired versions, commercial breaks would appear in between Wiggly Trivia, after the Henry the Octopus segments, and after the Pirate Show segments. The iTunes version of Building Blocks contains a placeholder not aired or seen anywhere else in place of all these commercial breaks, containing the Toy from Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas counting down to the episode starting back up.
- The Wiggly Trivia questions were taken off of the DVD release, due to the lack of commercial breaks.
- Paul Field voices the trivia announcer during Wigglehouse segments.
- In the theme song, footage of Murray from Big Red Car is shown.
- Clips from "The Balloon Chase" and the 1997 version of "Romp Bomp a Stomp" are shown in the theme song, but strangely enough, none of the episodes of this season have them in it. Also, these are the only songs or chase scenes to appear in the opening.
- Episodes such as Anthony's Friend, Murray's Shirt, Jeff the Mechanic, Wiggle Opera, Foodman, and Haircut were released on Playskool's Videonow Jr. PVDs.
- The Wigglehouse is the same house from The Wiggles Movie but it has a garage attached.
- The garage's inside was never shown in the series, though it was in the original 1998 version of Toot Toot!.
- Funny Greg and Muscleman Murray were likely the first episodes filmed, due to Greg wearing the watch he always wore from 1991 to 1997 and the Wigglehouse being pink in both.
- This was the second Wiggles series aired in America, specifically in 2002, since Playhouse Disney premiered their newer series first in 2001.