|The Wiggles Movie|
The Wiggles Movie
In the movie, The Wiggles embark on a journey to find Dorothy the Dinosaur since a amateur magician Wally the Great, steals Greg's magic wand in order to become a better magician. Meanwhile, Dorothy is sad because she thinks that The Wiggles and everyone have forgotten her birthday, while in fact they're all planning a surprise party for her by performing at a circus tent that night.
The Wiggles talk about "The Wiggles Movie."
Wally the Great (Tony Harvey), great-grandson of Waldo the Magnificent, is an amateur magician whose dream is to win the competition at the Magic Club for Best Magician. However, he is confronted with a rival, Roland the Remarkable (Dale Burridge), who believes Wally is a nobody.
Song 1: Hey There Wally
Children's entertainers The Wiggles, consisting of lead singer Greg, guitarist Murray, drummer Anthony and pianist Jeff, are performing at a nearby school. Mrs Bingle (Joanne Samuel), the principal, had an accident with Anthony after she blew a whistle to wake Jeff up before the show, causing him to act extremely silly. The Wiggles start the show.
Wally, watching from behind a wall, sees Dorothy herself laying Greg's (who is a magician) magic wand on a table while sulking that everyone has forgotten her birthday but really they were trying to keep the surprise party for her a secret. Wally quickly snatches it but is caught by Dorothy.
The 2 have a tug of war and the wand breaks in half. Meanwhile, the Wiggles decide to go out looking for Dorothy in their Big Red Car. They visit Henry the Octopus.
Song 7: Rockin' and a Rollin' Sea
Song 8: Boom Boom
Then they visit Wags the Dog.
Song 9: Tap Wags
Dorothy and Wally visit Captain Feathersword.
Song 10: Ooh It's Captain Feathersword
They happen upon Brrrrrr Street where they get frozen.
Since they have no luck finding Dorothy, they go to Wigglehouse where they ace a test given to them by their talking door, mix up their skivvies, have a flashback of the first time they celebrated Dorothy's birthday, and do the Romp Bomp a Stomp. During the adventures that Dorothy and Wally have, their friendship grows more and more. Dorothy leaves and sits on a bench, sadly, complaining to Wally that nobody remembers her birthday. Wally then says "I didn't forget your birthday" which makes Dorothy a little bit better.
Wally begins to daydream about his grandfather, Waldo, saying to him to believe in himself. Wally forgets all about the Magic Competition and is almost late but thanks to Dorothy, makes it. However, Jimbo the Juggler blocks their way and say that Wally should put his vehicle in the full car park but Wally thinks quick and says "You find a spot" and tosses his helmet at him leaving Jimber pinch-faced. He then signs in and runs into Roland who clearly amuses the judges when his score is 9-9-9. Wally find his Grandfather's old chest of magic supplies and is confident in himself.
The Wiggles are waiting for Dorothy to come to the party but nobody shows up. After Wally does his magic act, the judges score him 10-9-9. He wins the competition which leaves Roland jealous but at the same time impressed. Wally takes Dorothy to her party when it is just about to be canceled and the party begins.
Dorothy is proud that she has found a new friend and that her friends remembered her birthday.
- Hey There Wally (Intro Song)
- Dorothy (Would You Like to Dance?)
- Can You (Point Your Fingers and Do the Twist?)
- Rock-a-Bye Your Bear
- We Like to Say Hello (Instrumental)
- The Chase
- Quack Quack
- Rockin' and a Rollin' Sea
- Boom Boom
- Mrs. Bingle's Theme
- Tap Wags
- Ballerina, Ballerina
- Ooh It's Captain Feathersword
- Hot Potato (Young Wiggles)
- Romp Bomp a Stomp
- I'm a Cow
- Nya Nya Nya
- Wally's Dream Music
- Magic Club Music
- Let's Have a Party
- Wiggly Medley
- The Wiggles are Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field, Greg Page
- Wally the Great: Tony Harvey
- Dorothy the Dinosaur: Leeanne Ashley
- Dorothy's Voice: Carolyn Ferrie
- and Joanne Samuel as Mrs. Bingle
- Captain Feathersword: Paul Paddick
- Henry the Octopus: Donna Halloran
- Wags the Dog: Paul Paddick, Paul Field (Circus Scene)
- Magic Club President: Norry Constantian
- Roland the Remarkable: Dale Burridge
- Little Girl with Glasses: Meaghan Woodhouse
- Jimbo the Juggler: Mic Conway
- Postman: Mic Conway
- Policeman: Leanne Halloran
- Life-Saver: Paul Paddick
- Rose Robber: Paul Paddick
- Young Murray: Daniel Lack
- Young Jeff: Eddy Jong
- Young Anthony: Justin Woodhouse
- Young Greg: Lachlan McCarthy
- Wagettes: Lachlan McCarthy, Cassandra Halloran, Jessica Halloran
- Ballerina: Holly McGlinchy
- Male Dancer: Cameron Lewis
- Alfonso Tiramisu (Tenor): Roger Lemke
- Ice Cream Boy: Luke Field
- Gelati Vendor: Luigi De Luca
- Dancing Magicians: Leanne Halloran, Donna Halloran, Edward Rooke
- Young Boy Pirate: Blake Bowden
- Donna Halloran
- Cameron Lewis
- Craig Henderson
- Reem Hanwell
- Alissa Russo
- Elyssa Dawson
- Cie Jai Legget
- Kristen Knox
- Michelle Drady
- Rhiannah Kitching
- Sarah Bowden
Mrs Bingle's Students
- Clare Field
- Amy Dunbar
- Emma Ryan
- Bradley Benson
- Jessica Halloran
- Sophie Hendrix
- Madeleine Hurley
- Caitlin Mollica
- Sian Ryan
- Shanna Curry
- Anthony Silvestrini
- Cassandra Halloran
Principal Production Team
The main Production Crew people responsible for the Film as seen on the Poster and at the start of the Film.
- Music by: The Wiggles and John Field
- Production Designers: Andrew Horne and Deborah Szapiro
- Choreographer: Leanne Halloran
- Film Editor: Marc Van Buuren
- Director of Photography: Scott Preston A.C.S
- Line Producer: Ann Folland
- Written by: Greg Truman
- Produced by: Hilton Fatt
- Directed by: Dean Covell
- The Magic Club
- Mrs. Bingle's School
- Dorothy's Garden
- Henry's Place
- Wags World
- Wiggle Town
- Brrrrrr Street
- The S.S Feathersword
- Circus Tent
Budget and Profit
According to IMDb, the estimated budget for the movie is $31 million (AUD).
In the 2011 documentary Everybody Clap! Everybody Sing!, it's discussed that there were concerns about the profit, as Australian cinemas did not charge children ages three and under. It would eventually make a profit upon its successful home video release.
- main article: The Wiggles Movie Soundtrack
"The Wiggles Movie Soundtrack" is an Enhanced CD released on October 20, 1997. In addition to 22 tracks featured in the film, a 23rd remix track titled "Wigglemix" is included at the end of the album. It would later be used in The Dorothy the Dinosaur and Friends Video and the international version of Yummy Yummy. The "24th track" is a special interactive component, which can only be played on home computers. Among the features on "Wiggles Interactive" are a driving game with the Big Red Car, and interviews with The Wiggles and Captain Feathersword about the movie, filmed during the production of Wiggly, Wiggly Chistmas, which was released on VHS the same month. It also includes video clip of a girl in Wiggly clothes painting and revealing the new Wiggles logo (previously used as the introduction to Wiggledance!, and later used as the closing to TV Series 1), as well as a montage "trailer" set to Romp Bomp a Stomp.
1998 Australian VHS Cover
Yummy Yummy (1998 remake) (1998)
Toot Toot! (video) (1998)
The film was released on DVD and VHS in North America and the United Kingdom in 2003 and 2005 respectively, re-titled "Magical Adventure! A Wiggly Movie". The original UK release also contains Wiggle Time!, but the 2008 handle-case re-release omits it.
- The Prologue was filmed while shooting the "Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga, Big Red Car" music video in 1998 as the Big Red Car can be seen in front of a green screen in the background.
- The version of Romp Bomp a Stomp that plays in the background of the Prologue is sourced directly from the scene in the movie where the song plays as you can faintly hear the sound of Jeff snoring and the sound the Wigglehouse clock makes when it moves it's eyes near the end.
- The opening to the 1998 VHS includes
- Australian 20th Century Fox Warning Screen
- Copyright Protection Information
- 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment Logo
- Ferngully 2: The Magical Rescue VHS Trailer
- Welcome To The Movies/Fox Night At The Movies intro
- Anastasia Theatrical Trailer
- Anastasia: Adventures with Pooka and Bartok CD Rom PC/MAC Trailer
- The Wiggles Movie Soundtrack Trailer
- Video Rating
- Greg, Murray, Anthony and Jeff's Introduction to the Movie
- The 2000 re-release has no previews, it only retains the Warning Screen, Copyright Protection Information, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment logo, and Rating, with the addition of a Feature Presentation logo.
- Copyright on the North American DVD reads 2002, since the DVD was released very early in 2003 and was prepared for release at the end of the previous year.
- The Australian DVD release, despite having "The Wiggles Movie" on the cover, uses the "Magical Adventure! A Wiggly Movie" title during the film, and contains the Hit Entertainment logo at the end of the credits.
VHS and DVD Gallery
|Greg's Magic Wand|
|Henry the Octopus|