|Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas|
October 13, 1997
Directed & Produced by
Wiggledance! Live in Concert (1997)
Wiggle Time (re-recording) (1998)
"Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas" is the sixth Wiggles video, and also the first Christmas/Holiday video. It was released on October 13, 1997.
The original cover had a green and red background, with the original cast, with their color coded shirts, Henry the Octopus is wearing his second costume (in the real video, his third), Dorothy is wearing her third costume (in the real video, her fourth), Wags in his first costume (in the real video, his second). And Captain Feathersword is on the cover, between Jeff and Dorothy.
It was re-released in 1999, with Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer cut out, and Wiggly Christmas Medley added. Rudolf was thought to be on the UK video but this was a packaging error, and the song did not appear. This also happened in the and Canadian edition, with Wiggly Christmas Medley also being removed from the cover of the list, although being added to the video itself.
Wiggly Wiggly Christmas is a terrific music compilation of new and favorite Christmas songs. Jeff, Greg, Anthony and Murray join a fun cast of characters in performing both upbeat, familiar carols and creating their own brand of new Christmas classics with all of their friends.
All songs are taken from the album Wiggly Wiggly Christmas, except for those listed as a "new song".
- Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas Overture
- Have a Very Merry Christmas
- Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas
- Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Australian 1997 Version)
- Here Comes Santa Claus (new song)
- Go Santa Go
- Ding Dong Merrily on High
- Christmas Star
- Unto Us This Holy Night
- Feliz Navidad
- Jingle Bells
- The Beach Christmas Style
- Christmas Picnic
- Let's Clap Hands For Santa Claus
- Henry's Christmas Dance
- Dorothy's Dance Floor (instrumental, new song)
- Jeff's Christmas Tune
- It's a Christmas Party On The Goodship Feathersword
- Away in a Manger
- Wags is Bouncing Around the Christmas Tree
- Silent Night
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Wiggly Christmas Medley (1999 version only, new song)
Snow Globe graphic - The music heard is a small combination of "Jingle Bells" and "Get Ready to Wiggle".
(Have a Very Merry Christmas Title Card)
Song 1: Have a Very Merry Christmas - barely half a minute
The Wiggles introduce themselves, and we love to wish you a Wiggly Wiggly Christmas.
(Wiggly Wiggly Christmas Title Card)
Song 2: Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas
(Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer Title Card)
Song 3: Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Australian 1997 version only) - with a female kid dressed up as Rudolf. Santa Claus also appears. After the first time around, Greg asks everyone to put on their antlers, so everyone puts their open hands to their heads to imitate a reindeer. At the end of the song, they all dance around in a circle acting like Rudolf and the other reindeers.
(Here Comes Santa Claus Title Card)
Song 4: Here Comes Santa Claus - with Dorothy
(Go Santa Go Title Card)
Song 5: Go Santa Go - done in that style of Greased Lightning with the finger pointing
(Ding Dong Merrily On High Title Card)
Song 6: Ding Dong Merrily on High - an instrumental featuring the mascots and the kids - no Wiggles
(Christmas Star Title Card)
Song 7: Christmas Star - a really short song
Anthony talks with a group of kids who are dressed up ready to do a nativity play.
Sian is one of the shepherds; she shows everyone her crooked staff. She decorated it with some tinsel.
Joseph gets to play Joseph! He will put his hand on Mary's shoulder.
Clare gets to play Mary. She has a shawl that she will put on her head.
Anthony (Who is one of the kids) is in PJ's and he helps Clare put on her shawl.
Ashley is playing a sheep.
Alica is playing a cow.
(Unto Us, This Holy Night Title Card)
Song 8: Unto Us, This Holy Night
(Feliz Navidad Title Card)
Anthony is dressed up with a Mariachi hat and he talks with the puppet iguana guys Iggy, Ziggy & Frank. He talks about how to say Merry Christmas in different languages from local Australian natives, and then Italian. And then in Spanish, it's uh. Iggy tells Anthony that it's "Feliz Navidad!"
Song 9: Feliz Navidad
(Jingle Bells Title Card)
The Wiggles are making a cardboard sleigh. Jeff has big scissors, Anthony has glue, Greg has a big paintbrush. Wags and Captain Feathersword are aboard the sleigh, decorating it with tinsel. So let's all sing a long about riding in a sleigh.
Song 10: Jingle Bells
Now they're ready to fly away. Captain Feathersword and Wags they take off.
Jeff is sleeping in his favorite comfy chair. He has a dream where the Wiggles, Santa Claus and Henry the Octopus are putting together a sandcastle. Then the Wiggles arrive and notice he's asleep. Wake up Jeff! After waking up, Jeff tells them about his dream. It was so real; he reaches down for his shoe, picks it up, and pours water out of it! The others laugh.
(Christmas Picnic Title Card)
Song 11: Christmas Picnic- beachside Note: The music in the song is the goodbye dance song from Wake Up Jeff!
(Let's Clap Hands For Santa Claus Title Card)
Song 12: Let's Clap Hands for Santa Claus
(Henry's Christmas Dance Title Card)
Song 13: Henry's Christmas Dance
Anthony and Murray are present with Dorothy the Dinosaur. She knows a lot of different dances so the guys have Dorothy demonstrate some.
The first is a tap dancing.
The second one is Scottish dancing.
The third is a line dance. Murray makes a growling sound, but Anthony corrects him and says it's not a lion dance, it's actually a line dance. Dorothy understands and says she'll do a boot scoot, and does just that. Yee-ha!
The fourth dance style is Irish Dancing, which is Dorothy's favorite. Ta-daaaaaa! Murray says how Dorothy sure is a great dancer.
(Jeff's Christmas Tune Title Card)
Song 14: Jeff's Christmas Tune (instrumental) - This has just about everybody dancing
Captain Feathersword is groaning over too much Christmas food. Murray says he ate too much Christmas pudding, that there is a lot of great food to eat at Christmas but tells Captain Feathersword that he has to be careful not to eat too much. Greg says that Captain Feathersword ate five plates of pudding at the Christmas dinner and that three buttons popped loose which made him exclaim "Oh I'm not getting any thinner!"
(Its a Christmas Party on the Goodship Feathersword Title Card)
(Away in a Manger)
Song 16: Away in a Manger
Murray has a present for Wags. It's a bone. Greg, Jeff, and Anthony arrive with presents for Wags but they're all present. They are just like Murray's; bones. When they find out that they have the same present they lower their heads but Anthony says that he'll like them anyway so their long faces turn upside down. They put the bones under the tree. Wags arrives and gives The Wiggles a present, which is a bone! The Wiggles and Wags laugh.
(Wags is Bouncing Around the Christmas Tree Title Card)
(Silent Night Title Card)
Song 18: Silent Night
During the instrumental break, the nativity play continues and all of the shepherds and animals get up and leave.
(We Wish You a Merry Christmas Title Card)
Song 19: We Wish You a Merry Christmas - About 10 seconds the song goes.
The Wiggles hope you had a great time and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Goodbye!
Song 20 : Wiggly Christmas Medley (1999 version only)
Close with "Jeff's Christmas Tune" for the background music at the credits.
- The Wiggles - Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field and Greg Page
- Captain Feathersword - Paul Paddick
- Dorothy the Dinosaur - Leeanne Ashley
- Dorothy's Voice - Carolyn Ferrie
- Henry the Octopus - Charmaine Martin
- Henry's Voice - Jeff Fatt
- Wags the Dog - Edward Rooke
- Wags' Voice - Mic Conway
- Santa Claus - Jonathan Mill
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Cassandra Halloran
- Iggy - Graeme Haddon
- Ziggy and Frank - Edward Rooke
- Iggy, Ziggy and Frank's Voices - Paul Paddick
- Feliz Navidad Dancers - Larissa Wright, Reem Hanwell, Elyssa Dawson, Kristen Knox, Rhiannah Kitching, and Shannon Smith
- Cassandra Halloran
- Jessica Halloran
- Emma Ryan
- Sian Ryan
- Sofia Silvestrini
- Leonardo Silvestrini
- Clare Field
- Joseph Field
- Anthony Silvestrini
- Georgia Munro-Cook
- Ceili Moore
- Alyssa Bryce
- Ashleigh Johns
- Laura Tilt
- Natasha Petracic
The production of Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas started in 1996, when The Wiggles first recorded the album. The next year (1997), after finishing The Wiggles Movie, The Wiggles started to work on the Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas video. 19 songs were filmed for the video.
A new version was made in 1999 for the UK VHS release, which was also released in America a year later. This version of the video cut out Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and added Wiggly Christmas Medley from The Wiggly Big Show at the end. This version kept the original 1997 title cards and the same end credits as 1997 version, just with Rudolf taken out and the Medley added (the copyright date was changed to 1999 as well). However, the UK and Canadian case song list stated that Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was on the video, and the NZ re-release and Canadian videos also deleted Wiggly Christmas Medley from the song list despite being on the video. In Australia, a similar version was released in 1999, this time with some alternate song title cards and a differently styled end credits sequence.
- Australia: October 13, 1997
- Australia: 1999
- United States: October 24, 2000
- United Kingdom: November 1, 1999
The album of "Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas" was released on September 6, 1996.
1999 Song Titles and Credits (Australia)
NOTE: Neither version of the DVD menus have any background music
2003 American Version
2006 Australian Version
DVD and VHS Cover Gallery
- This is the first Christmas video.
- This is the first time the Wiggles have logos (previously debuted in Wiggledance! Live in Concert) on their shirts and belt buckles.
- This is the first Wiggles video to make use of 3D animation techniques.
- This marks the debut of a Red Starry Guitar used by The Wiggles.
- Murray's daughter, Georgia Munro-Cook is seen in "Ding Dong Merrily on High", "Christmas Star" and "Unto Us This Holy Night".
- In the album, Anthony said that in octopus language, Bree-bop means hello, and Yoop means goodbye.
- The Wiggles have their own arrangement of "Here Comes Santa Claus." and it's also heard on the companion CD called "The Spirit of Christmas 1998".
- A beach scene of the Wiggles tearing down the sandcastle was filmed forwards, but the editors made it backwards to look like when they were supposedly building it before it leaded to a scene of Jeff sleeping.
- At the part where we see Jeff asleep after we see his dream when the other Wiggles run over to him and notice he's asleep Murray carries the Red Starry Guitar with him.
- The Wiggles aren't seen in "Ding Dong, Merrily on High" until 2011's "It's Always Christmas With You".
- "Scotland the Brave" is played on piano when Dorothy does some Scottish dancing.
- In "Wags Is Bouncing Around the Christmas Tree", Anthony, Jeff and Murray are nowhere to be seen except the Christmas tree background.
- The color of the letter 'I" for the Wiggles logo is in purple when the toy robot pushes the cart.
- In "Christmas Picnic", Murray wears a paper crown after Captain Feathersword arrives on the beach.
- According to Larissa Wright on the 2010 interview with Clare Field, she auditioned for this video when she was 15 years old.
- The rewinded footage of The Wiggles destroying a sandcastle in the prologue of Christmas Picnic was filmed when The Wiggles had finished filming the "Christmas Picnic" music video and were taking down a sandcastle they made when they were filming the music video.
- The Australian re-release features new, alternate title cards and also features 1999-style end credits.
- This video marks the first time Jeff doesn't play the Accordion.
- This is the last Wiggles video with the 1993-1997 ABC For Kids Opening
- This marks the debut of the Hofner Bass Guitar.
- On the front cover, The Wiggles don't have their logo on their shirts. In the video, they do. This could be because the picture was taken in 1996 and the back cover was taken in 1997.
- During Jingle Bells, the boomike is visible.
- In the NZ and Canada versions, Wiggly Christmas Medley is not on the back cover but appears on the video, and vice versa happens with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Only the Rudolph error appears on the UK cover.