Full VHS Cover
June 8, 2002
"Wiggly Safari" is the 12th Wiggles video. The video was made and released in 2002.
It took about 3 months to film this video. First the songs Dorothy Queen of the Roses and Do the Owl were filmed at a concert in December 2001, then the rest of the songs such as The Crocodile Hunter were filmed in February 2002.
Note: All songs are taken from the album of the same name.
- The Crocodile Hunter (Featuring Steve Irwin)
- Australia Zoo
- Wobbly Camel
- Cocky Want a Cracker
- Butterflies Flit
- Dorothy Queen of the Roses (In Concert)
- Swim With Me
- Koala La La
- Dingo Tango
- You Might Like a Pet
- Old Man Emu
- Feeding Time
- Do the Owl - In Concert (Featuring Terri & Steve Irwin)
- Kookaburra Choir
- Snakes (You Can Look But You Better Not Touch)
- We're the Crocodile Band
- Vocals: Jacqueline Field, Steve Irwin, Terri Irwin, Emma Pask, Greg Page, Mark Punch, Paul Paddick
- Guitars: Murray Cook, Anthony Field, Mark Punch
- Bass: Murray Cook
- Drums: Tony Henry
- Brass: Dominic Lindsay
- Percussionist: Steve Machamer
- Backing Vocals: Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field, Sam Moran, Greg Page, Mark Punch, Paul Paddick
Australia Zoo (March 2002)
Do The Owl & Dorothy Queen Of The Roses concert clips (January 2002)
- Greg Page
- Anthony Field
- Murray Cook
- Jeff Fatt
- Corrine O'Rafferty - Dorothy the Dinosaur
- Andrew McCourt - Wags the Dog
- Reem Hanwell - Henry the Octopus
- Paul Paddick - Captain Feathersword
- Steve Irwin
- Terri Irwin
- Bindi Irwin
- Chris Luder, Larissa Wright, Ben Murray and Naomi Wallace - Wiggly Dancers
- Corrine O'Rafferty, Ryan DeSaulnier and Reem Hanwell - In Concert Wiggly Dancers
- Sue Smith Nicole McCourt Kat Mills and April Harvie - Ending
- Declan Andrew
- Jesse Bayes
- Georgia Bettens
- Lauren Burley
- Liam Beck
- Eilish Porter
- Julia Wyatt
- Kristyn Rice-McDonald
- Hannah Short
- Emily Sultan
- Ambrose Vargas
- Gabrielle Vargas
- Chelsea Wallace
- Paris Whiteley
- Isobel Wyatt
Australia: July 8, 2002
America: September 3, 2002
United Kingdom: August 7, 2006
AlbumThe "Wiggly Safari" album was released in December 11, 2001 featuring 32 tracks.
Behind the Scenes
Transitions and Animations
We see a jungle with vines, grass, bushes, and a tree. On the tree is 4 options (5 on the UK version) above the Wiggles' logo.) (Wiggly Safari Songs: the option turns red, and we scroll right to tall grass. It goes down to reveal the menu. When you select the next page, it scrolls right to the next menu.) (More Safari Fun!: We scroll left to a field with the options.) (Subtitles: We scroll past More Safari Fun!, and stop at a tree and a huge bush.)
- Starting with this video, The Wiggles have striped lines and pockets on their pants in their colors.
- During Koala La La, Greg is playing the red acoustic guitar although there's no guitar music.
- Butterflies Flit was originally sung by Greg on the Yummy Yummy album. This version has Dorothy singing the verse twice and making comments in between.
- The Wiggly Concert footage in this video was filmed at The Wiggles Wiggly Party Show during the 2001 tour. Clips from Wiggly Party Show can also be seen in the TV documentary The Wiggles Take On The World.
- After the credits are over, there is a dedication to the memory of FDNY's Brian Cannizzaro, and everybody else who lost their lives on September 11th 2001. Special thanks go to Engine 202, Ladder 101, Battalion 42. Posing with the firefighters are The Wiggles, Paul Paddick, and Steve Irwin wearing FDNY t-shirts.
- Captain Feathersword's Wet Suit makes it's debut.
- The back cover song list order for the American and UK DVD & the American VHS are not the same order played in the video.
- The Wiggles' tango clothing also make their debut.
- During The Crocodile Hunter, Murray is not wearing his Wiggles belt buckle. This is fixed later in the video.
- Henry the Octopus doesn't talk in this video.
- In the prologue of Wobbly Camel the Big Red Car wouldn't start. This part is similar to Toot Toot! because in that video the same thing happened.
- According to a bonus clip of The Wiggles' Big Birthday!, Steve Irwin's son Robert Irwin suggested that the Wiggles should make a sequel called Wiggly Safari 2.
- The Big Red Car in this video is similar to the on in The Wiggles Movie, but does not have a windshield and now has The Wiggles logo on the front.
- The UK Main menu is a bit different from the Australian and American one. It has extra text saying "Coming Soon!" and The Wiggles' Logo is pushed down a bit to make room for it.
- During the scene at the beginning where the Wiggles drive in the bush, We Like To Say Hello (Instrumental) can be heard.
- In 2006, the US DVD was repackaged. The copyright date was changed and the disc's picture and it's content are different.